|Making Money Shooting High School Seniors version 2
|Instructors: Kevin Focht Duration: 4
Weeks Cost: US$195
High school senior portrait photography can be one of the most fun and profitable types of photography if you know what you are doing.
It’s a wonderful time for a high schooler. They are almost done with school and are looking forward to the future. It’s exciting and you get to capture all that excitement with their senior portraits.
One major difference today, is that kids are hammered with fashion imagery. They know what is current, so you better know too. Long gone are the days of the stodgy old portrait with a boring background. Today’s senior want something cutting edge, that shows their own personal style!
In this 4 week class we will cover not just how to capture that style and but how to shoot it.Topics that will be covered:
- how to market to seniors using social media, and other forms of advertising including viral advertising.
- How to create an “ambassador” program.
- How to price yourself according to standard business practices.
- What products to carry and why.
- How to create packages that sell.
- What lenses to use and in what situation.
- Posing, what works and what doesn’t.
- How to use natural light and natural reflectors to create beautiful senior shots
- How to use backlighting to create drama.
- Retouching and enhancing images to create drama.
- How to use your ttl speedlight to make your images stand out.
- How to make you studio make a profit!!!!!!
A thorough knowledge of aperture, shutter speed and exposure.
Instructor: Kevin Focht
Kevin Focht has been shooting fashion and beauty for over 20 years, currently specializing in the wedding market. He has lived and worked in Milan, Greece, London, Miami and New York. His client list includes Brides, Elegant Bride, Modern Bride, Bridal Guide, Nordstrom, Jantzen, Bank of America, Seventeen, YM, Arizona Weddings, Long Island Bride and Groom, and Oregon Bride.
Kevin recently relocated to his hometown of Portland Oregon and has opened up a luxury wedding and portrait studio called Left Turn Studio ( Kevin’s decision to leave his successful career in the New York fashion industry was the direct result of his personal experience at ground zero on the morning of September 11, 2001) He brings his varied background of working for some of the most discerning art directors and clients to the wedding and portrait industry.
His talent for lighting and being able to shoot on the fly, has made him a perfect match for wedding photography. Giving back to the industry that has given him so much, is his latest passion.
His commercial website is kevinfocht.com and his wedding work can be seen at leftturnstudio.com
What students are saying about Kevin Focht
and his courses?
Click here to see that is in Kevin's camera bag